Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received an email requesting my iPad information on my lost device

I marked my device as lost and I just got a message from apple that my information is being requested on it but I can’t see the location. Please help

iPad

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 2:30 AM

read

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

and

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

if they get you to follow a link to a fake page and type in your appleID and password they can remove the activation lock and be able to use and or sell the device

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 2:30 AM in response to shaanifrombrooklyn

read

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

and

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

if they get you to follow a link to a fake page and type in your appleID and password they can remove the activation lock and be able to use and or sell the device

Nov 23, 2021 5:14 AM in response to shaanifrombrooklyn

How did you receive this message requesting information? Apple will not request information from you.

You may have received a scam message that is designed to fool you into releasing information that can be used to either take-over your AppleID account - and/or acquire information needed to reuse your stolen device. If you lose control of your AppleID account, you will have handed full control to the thieves; it’s then “game over”.

Rudegar has already provided key information links that you can use to establish if the message that you have received is genuine - however, as Apple will not ask you information about a stolen device, it is almost certain that the messages are intended to fool you.

I received an email requesting my iPad information on my lost device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.