Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files app continually reloading

Since the update to iOS 15 on my iPad Pro, my files app will not allow me to view .NEF files without continually reloading them. I can view the thumbnail just fine. However, when I select a thumbnail to view, it opens and closes the picture continually. This was never an issue until the recent update. Anybody familiar with this issue? Any fixes?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 3:31 AM

This is not an issue that I can recall seeing any specific report. Have you already updated to iPadOS 15.1? If not, you should do so.

On the basis of limited information, if you have updated to iPadOS 15.1, I can only suggest that you force-restart your iPad - as doing so will often resolve an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 3:31 AM in response to joel1839

This is not an issue that I can recall seeing any specific report. Have you already updated to iPadOS 15.1? If not, you should do so.

On the basis of limited information, if you have updated to iPadOS 15.1, I can only suggest that you force-restart your iPad - as doing so will often resolve an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Nov 23, 2021 9:11 AM in response to LotusPilot

Yes. It’s up to date with 15.1 and the issue didn’t start until then. The forced restart didn’t work. Everything else works fine. I just can’t view the full size .NEF file in the files app. It attempts to “view” the full size photo about three to four times then just goes to a “blank” screen like the app used to do back in the day before there was RAW support

Files app continually reloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.