Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music playing in my safari shuts down when another app is opened or display turns off

Music playing in my safari shuts down when another app is opened or display turns off

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 7:17 AM

Media playing in Safari will only play as a foreground process. When you switch to another App, Safari is suspended - as is any media playing within the Safari Window.

In some cases it is possible to work-around this limitation - but only where the playing media can be moved to a Safari PiP (picture in picture) window.

Multitask with Picture in Picture on iPad – Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 7:17 AM in response to Gnelson1948

Media playing in Safari will only play as a foreground process. When you switch to another App, Safari is suspended - as is any media playing within the Safari Window.

In some cases it is possible to work-around this limitation - but only where the playing media can be moved to a Safari PiP (picture in picture) window.

Multitask with Picture in Picture on iPad – Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.