Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bose Soundlink Air app not supported for macOS Catalina

I have been using a bose soundlink air since 2015. After updating my mac OS, the latest software available for this app turns out backdated and cannot be used. Hence i cannot connect the soundlink to my mac and tried the alternate method as well.

i have tried using alternate methods as well.

any help with the updated software for soundlink device for macOS catalina and beyond will be highly appreciated.

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 8:10 AM

Hello, Ador1989.

Unfortunately, if Bose is not updating their software to work with Catalina, then there is little to do about it. Your 2015 soundlink air predates the Catalina OS release by a number of years, but I'm sure Bose was aware of the coming 32-bit prohibition, at least they should have been. Until/unless they release updated software you're stuck. It's likely Bose does not release an update to support their older tech.

I did find this link to Bose Support. You might contact them and inquire.

Bose Product Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 8:10 AM in response to Ador1989

Hello, Ador1989.

Unfortunately, if Bose is not updating their software to work with Catalina, then there is little to do about it. Your 2015 soundlink air predates the Catalina OS release by a number of years, but I'm sure Bose was aware of the coming 32-bit prohibition, at least they should have been. Until/unless they release updated software you're stuck. It's likely Bose does not release an update to support their older tech.

I did find this link to Bose Support. You might contact them and inquire.

Bose Product Support

Bose Soundlink Air app not supported for macOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.