Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bootcamp

The choice of which portion of the hard disk (apple or windows) no longer appears and I only can boot to windows

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 8:32 AM

Can you see it if you restart holding down option/alt (one needs to connect a bluetooth keyboard by wire)? If so, select Macintosh HD and go to the Startup Disk preferences to make sure it is selected. I find this tends to happen after Windows updates. If you don't see Macintosh HD when you do this, try restarting holding command+R to go to Recovery. You may be able to repair or restore the Mac partition from there.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2021 8:32 AM in response to jclove

Can you see it if you restart holding down option/alt (one needs to connect a bluetooth keyboard by wire)? If so, select Macintosh HD and go to the Startup Disk preferences to make sure it is selected. I find this tends to happen after Windows updates. If you don't see Macintosh HD when you do this, try restarting holding command+R to go to Recovery. You may be able to repair or restore the Mac partition from there.

bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.