Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White box with word “DRAFT” at lower left hand side of Mail screen - how to remove this?

White rectangular box at base of mail screen with “DRAFT” in center - how to remove this

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 9:13 AM

You have previously started to draft an email, but haven’t finished and sent the mail. Just swiping the draft-mail tab upwards should open the tab - where you can either finish or close the window.

Another option is to open the draft from your Draft Mail folder - and then close/delete the draft.

58 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 9:13 AM in response to windsortart13

You have previously started to draft an email, but haven’t finished and sent the mail. Just swiping the draft-mail tab upwards should open the tab - where you can either finish or close the window.

Another option is to open the draft from your Draft Mail folder - and then close/delete the draft.

Jun 8, 2022 6:44 PM in response to Hushai

On my E-mail screen, I had the blank small Draft page show up in the lower left.

one of the " fixes" was to turn off and turn on --boot--

When I turned it back on the screen it went to my regular screen and asked me to enter my code to access the site, I sent in my code. it rejected. it. I tried my Apple code, but it was rejected. I tried several times and then it said, try in % min, tried, rejected.

Then 15 min. rejected again.

then located -- security notice?? maybe because I tried several times?. I did do a recent update.

I cannot access my I-pad to get to anything, so the fix will not be read on my i-pad. i am using another pc, window basted,

Thanks,

Richard

Jul 31, 2022 9:37 AM in response to windsortart13

Its funny how our comments are not read before answering them. I open an email and all of a sudden (I am just reading the email) it becomes a draft and I get the annoying little email icons at the bottom of my ipad screeen. If I delete the draft the email is gone... GONE. I have to go to Trash and move it to Inbox. I NEVER did anything, not even trying to send it to someone.... It just happens like magic. It ones of those "nobody can explain" situations with Apple that NEVER get a response or get fixed.

Aug 22, 2022 11:11 AM in response to Poky1979

Today is your lucky day! ScoopSimpson says, “swipe out of mail to get to your Home Screen

Find the mail icon and touch and “briefly” hold until a window pops up. From that screen select the option to “show all windows”. After the open windows populate swipe upwards to close each one. Now you should be good to go! (Hint: do not hold the icon for too long as this will ALL icons to vibrate in preparation for deletion. Just a brief touch will bring the options window forward. Good Luck!

White box with word “DRAFT” at lower left hand side of Mail screen - how to remove this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.