Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring photos

I have a Mac and an Iphone. I want the photos that I take on my phone to save to the cloud but I don't want the 20,000+ photos on my Mac to drop to my phone. Help me....

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 10:54 AM

You know that the iCloud library is not an off phone storage facility, right. It's only a syncing feature and any changes, i.e. edits, deletions, etc., you make to the photos on the iPhone will be make to the photos in the iCloud Library.

To do what you want just make sure that the library on your Mac does not have the iCloud library nor the My Photo Stream enabled.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 10:54 AM in response to Klds914

You know that the iCloud library is not an off phone storage facility, right. It's only a syncing feature and any changes, i.e. edits, deletions, etc., you make to the photos on the iPhone will be make to the photos in the iCloud Library.

To do what you want just make sure that the library on your Mac does not have the iCloud library nor the My Photo Stream enabled.

transferring photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.