Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD Player missing in Catalina

I hadn't used my DVD Player Burner In my MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 Running macOS Catalina V. 10.15.7 In many months I hadn't used it since Maverick I assume, well the need arose fot it. But I Notice No Player .app it's like it vanished. Well I thought this probly is a simple glitch fix. Also I am not a what you would call an inexperienced user. I am a dedicated Mac user, Compared to what I learned on back 1995 with my blazing Pentium 75 with a 10gb HDD 256kb of Ram, combined with the massive bandwidth of 56kb dialup modem.

Ok I looked around and found the DVD Player 4.6 , Says can't install incompatible. well I made sure everything was updated, abd eventually walked back to the Lower Version

If anyone has been down this road, and could advise me I would be Greatful

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 10:52 AM

DVD player app is still around in Catalina. It just lives in Macintosh HD > System > Library > CoreServices > Applications.

The easiest way to launch it is to press ⌘-Space to open Spotlight Search, and type DVD Player. Spotlight will present the app and you can double-click to launch it.

You might also navigate to the folder where the app now lives and drag it from there to the regular Applications folder. I've simply made an alias of the app and moved that to my Applications folder.

Once you launch the app, you can right-click the app icon in the Dock, click Options and Keep In Dock if you wish the dock icon to remain.

The current version of DVD Player is 6.0.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 10:52 AM in response to FatCat9041

DVD player app is still around in Catalina. It just lives in Macintosh HD > System > Library > CoreServices > Applications.

The easiest way to launch it is to press ⌘-Space to open Spotlight Search, and type DVD Player. Spotlight will present the app and you can double-click to launch it.

You might also navigate to the folder where the app now lives and drag it from there to the regular Applications folder. I've simply made an alias of the app and moved that to my Applications folder.

Once you launch the app, you can right-click the app icon in the Dock, click Options and Keep In Dock if you wish the dock icon to remain.

The current version of DVD Player is 6.0.

DVD Player missing in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.