Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t get notifications from WhatsApp and I also can’t find WhatsApp in my notification settings

I don’t get notifications from WhatsApp and I also can’t find WhatsApp in my notification settings.

How do I go about it?

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 2:29 PM

Before the menu with notifications settings appear under Settings > Notifications, the app must first request that the user allows the app to display the notifications. Typically this is done first time you open the app and/or sign in to the service inside the app, and the menu will appear it regardless if you choose to allow it or deny it the app to display notifications.

So if you did already open the app and signed into the service but haven’t received the request to allow the notifications, try to delete the app, then reboot your iPhone before downloading the app again.

If still no luck, contact Whatsapp app support for more help; it’s their app and they should know best how to help you.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 2:29 PM in response to fiifi18

Before the menu with notifications settings appear under Settings > Notifications, the app must first request that the user allows the app to display the notifications. Typically this is done first time you open the app and/or sign in to the service inside the app, and the menu will appear it regardless if you choose to allow it or deny it the app to display notifications.

So if you did already open the app and signed into the service but haven’t received the request to allow the notifications, try to delete the app, then reboot your iPhone before downloading the app again.

If still no luck, contact Whatsapp app support for more help; it’s their app and they should know best how to help you.

Dec 5, 2021 12:21 AM in response to shima96

I also have this problem. Suddenly I don't receive any notification from WhatsApp . It worked fine until two days ago.

According to WhatsApp support this is issue of iPhone . This is their answer:

"We can't resolve push notification issues from our end. Notifications are sent to your phone from Apple’s Push Notification Service (APNS), not WhatsApp directly, and it is entirely up to that service to make sure it is delivered properly."

So what is the resolution ?

I don’t get notifications from WhatsApp and I also can’t find WhatsApp in my notification settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.