Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfering data with Move to iOS

I'm trying to transfer from a Samsung Galaxy S10 to an iPhone 13 Pro. How long does it typically take to transfer data over? My samsung phone has been "Preparing" for over 40 minutes after choosing what to transfer (under 10 GB of data).

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 6:39 PM

STQR42 Said:

"Transfering data with Move to iOS: Thank you for the reply. I'm using wifi. Quite some time, like hours? Also, do I really have to keep both phone displays awake during the process or can I leave them be? Thanks again!"

-------

You are welcome.

Yes. If can take hours. If concerned, then place your devices atop laptop coolers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 6:39 PM in response to STQR42

STQR42 Said:

"Transfering data with Move to iOS: Thank you for the reply. I'm using wifi. Quite some time, like hours? Also, do I really have to keep both phone displays awake during the process or can I leave them be? Thanks again!"

-------

You are welcome.

Yes. If can take hours. If concerned, then place your devices atop laptop coolers.

Nov 23, 2021 6:02 PM in response to STQR42

STQR42 Said:

"Transfering data with Move to iOS: I'm trying to transfer from a Samsung Galaxy S10 to an iPhone 13 Pro. How long does it typically take to transfer data over? My samsung phone has been "Preparing" for over 40 minutes after choosing what to transfer (under 10 GB of data)."

-------

A Long Time:

It can take quite some time. And time will increase tremendously, if performing this over Cellular.

Transfering data with Move to iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.