Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost tabs in safari ios 15

Updated to ios15, now safari has lost all my open tabs (>100…). How can i get them back?

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 8:03 PM

I don't know that there will be a clear way to do that..

If you backed up your iPhone before updating it, you could try restoring from your backup.

Or if you open Safari, at the bottom center there is a label with a downward arrow, if you tap that it may bring up a menu. Is there anything in that menu that says 100(+) tabs? If so, check that, see if they re appear.

If you don't see the center menu, and you have a web page open, press the 2 overlapping squares in the lower right to show a tile view of your open tabs. That is where that center menu is.

Otherwise, in that same view.. it would be a pain, but I had to do this on the iPad just last night..

If you tap and hold the + it should pop open a list of all recently closed tabs. If they show up that way, you would have to reopen them one by one, but at least you could recover them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 8:03 PM in response to docJ-HK

I don't know that there will be a clear way to do that..

If you backed up your iPhone before updating it, you could try restoring from your backup.

Or if you open Safari, at the bottom center there is a label with a downward arrow, if you tap that it may bring up a menu. Is there anything in that menu that says 100(+) tabs? If so, check that, see if they re appear.

If you don't see the center menu, and you have a web page open, press the 2 overlapping squares in the lower right to show a tile view of your open tabs. That is where that center menu is.

Otherwise, in that same view.. it would be a pain, but I had to do this on the iPad just last night..

If you tap and hold the + it should pop open a list of all recently closed tabs. If they show up that way, you would have to reopen them one by one, but at least you could recover them.

Lost tabs in safari ios 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.