Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my safari can't open in my mac with macos catalina, what should i do?

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 8:56 PM

Several things to try:

Boot into Safe Mode, by holding Shift key (takes a long time, be patient) until the login screen appears. Then login and try Safari. If it works, go to Safari Preferences and remove all Extensions. Also go to the Advanced tab in the Safari Preferences and check the box to show the Develop menu. In the Develop menu, then empty the cache.

Then reboot normally. Can you use Safari again?

If not, do you have any anti-virus, security, "cleaner" type software installed? If so, completely uninstall and remove it. Boot into Safe Mode again and try again.

You can also start Safari with the shift key held down. Test again.

If none of the above helps, you may need to boot into Recovery and reinstall the MacOS without erasing the drive. First make sure you have a reliable backup in case something goes amiss.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 8:56 PM in response to wanchungchung

Several things to try:

Boot into Safe Mode, by holding Shift key (takes a long time, be patient) until the login screen appears. Then login and try Safari. If it works, go to Safari Preferences and remove all Extensions. Also go to the Advanced tab in the Safari Preferences and check the box to show the Develop menu. In the Develop menu, then empty the cache.

Then reboot normally. Can you use Safari again?

If not, do you have any anti-virus, security, "cleaner" type software installed? If so, completely uninstall and remove it. Boot into Safe Mode again and try again.

You can also start Safari with the shift key held down. Test again.

If none of the above helps, you may need to boot into Recovery and reinstall the MacOS without erasing the drive. First make sure you have a reliable backup in case something goes amiss.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.