Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app only working on cellular data

My mail app cannot reach the server when on WiFi but when I’m on cellular data it works. Both iPhone and MacBook have same issue.was working normally and then all of a sudden will not connect. Can not find a fix anywhere. Has anyone else had this issue before. Gmail works but my third party emails for my website do not work on WiFi. Only cellular data. Please help!

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 8:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 8:58 PM

Sounds like a network issue, not a device issue. Could be an infinite number of things, you may just need to troubleshoot it. It sounds like it could be due to a firewall, or some form of filtering software on your router. You can check if it's a network issue by connecting to a different WiFi network to see if you're able to connect, or using a VPN to bypass any weird setting you may have set up somehow.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 8:58 PM in response to lotusblooming

Sounds like a network issue, not a device issue. Could be an infinite number of things, you may just need to troubleshoot it. It sounds like it could be due to a firewall, or some form of filtering software on your router. You can check if it's a network issue by connecting to a different WiFi network to see if you're able to connect, or using a VPN to bypass any weird setting you may have set up somehow.

Mail app only working on cellular data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.