Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Keyboard Folio compatibility ? I PAD Pro 11 Inch - 2nd Gen vs 3rd Gen

Will Smart Keyboard Folio For Apple iPad Pro 11 inch 2nd Gen be compatible for 3rd Gen as well?

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 3:01 AM

Yes it exists, and you can check the compatibility at the bottom of this page:--> Smart Keyboard Folio for iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation) and iPad Air (4th generation) - Italian - Apple

Regards

Giulio

7 replies

Nov 24, 2021 2:40 AM in response to zaid_iec

zaid_iec wrote:

Will Smart Keyboard Folio For Apple iPad Pro 11 inch 2nd Gen be compatible for 3rd Gen as well?

You may need to reconsider your question…

At present, there have only been two generations of the iPad Pro 11” - these being the first generation iPad Pro 11” and the current second generation iPad Pro 11” released earlier this year.

As yet, a third generation iPad Pro 11” doesn’t exist - and even if Apple are considering a further iteration of a Pro 11”, nobody has any idea of its specifications. As such it is impossible to give any indication as to compatibility of existing accessories with possible future models.

Also consider that the Smart Folio cover for the first generation iPad Pro 11” cannot be used with the second generation iPad Pro 11” - as the rear camera array (and associated cutout in the Smart Folio cover) have different physical dimensions. The Smart Folio cover for the second generation iPad Pro 11” is compatible with the first generation iPad Pro 11” - but the reverse ins’t the case.

Compatibility with future models cannot be assumed or assured.

Nov 24, 2021 3:19 AM in response to zaid_iec

Well, if you look at the section "Compatibility" at the bottom of the page I posted in my previous reply, you'll find all iPadPro 11" generations and iPad Air 4th gen.

For any further question about this matter, and for your peace of mind, you can contact Apple Support directly, using the link "contact us" that appears in the same page.

Regards

Giulio

Smart Keyboard Folio compatibility ? I PAD Pro 11 Inch - 2nd Gen vs 3rd Gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.