Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if I don’t have contact with the person I bought the Apple Watch from?

I can’t get a hold of the original owner of the Apple Watch I bought. I been trying to pair it for about 2 and a half weeks. What do I do in order to unlock it?

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 9:41 AM

If you can't get in touch with the seller of the watch and they sold you an Activation Locked watch, you need to begin assuming you bought a stolen watch. This happens all the time and while Rudegar was kind enough to provide you how to reach Apple for help, they won't unlock an Activation Locked watch for anyone other than the owner who put the lock on in the first place. And that would require the owner provide the original purchase receipt with the serial number of the device on it.

Activation Lock is a Theft Deterrent system, which cannot be bypassed easily and especially not by someone other than the original owner.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2021 9:41 AM in response to antuan52

If you can't get in touch with the seller of the watch and they sold you an Activation Locked watch, you need to begin assuming you bought a stolen watch. This happens all the time and while Rudegar was kind enough to provide you how to reach Apple for help, they won't unlock an Activation Locked watch for anyone other than the owner who put the lock on in the first place. And that would require the owner provide the original purchase receipt with the serial number of the device on it.

Activation Lock is a Theft Deterrent system, which cannot be bypassed easily and especially not by someone other than the original owner.

Nov 24, 2021 8:36 AM in response to antuan52

the former owner has to do the following steps

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

the activation lock is not really on the apple watch it's a

theft protection measure on apples servers

it needs to be removed

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

if that does not help you then you need the assistance of apple

Additional Support - Activation Lock (apple.com) and or

Get Support (apple.com) , Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

What if I don’t have contact with the person I bought the Apple Watch from?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.