Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if someone joins family sharing Apple music will they lose their downloaded music?

My husband has his own subscription to Apple Music. I have Family Sharing and can add him to my Apple Music subscription. If I do, will he lose the apple music he has downloaded through his subscription? My goal is to do away with his subscription and we both be on my Family Plan.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 1:17 PM

It’ll do what you want; you’ll each have your own private playlists and your own downloads, and with one Apple Music Family Share plan.

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group.

Change your subscription from Apple - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2021 1:17 PM in response to tamarafromroseburg

It’ll do what you want; you’ll each have your own private playlists and your own downloads, and with one Apple Music Family Share plan.

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group.

Change your subscription from Apple - Apple Support

if someone joins family sharing Apple music will they lose their downloaded music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.