Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to I get back old photos from an older iPhone

So I logged out of an old iPhone and then logged in with a new Apple ID. I then tried to go back and the old photos on the phone where gone and I can't find them. I am wondering if I am able to get those back somehow.

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 7:19 PM

sergei90 Said:

"Hello: I logged back into my old account and the photos weren’t there and I also checked the cloud but they went there ether I know I didn’t delete or rest the iPhone."

-------

Thank you for the followup reply.

Three Things to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card\
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2021 7:19 PM in response to sergei90

sergei90 Said:

"Hello: I logged back into my old account and the photos weren’t there and I also checked the cloud but they went there ether I know I didn’t delete or rest the iPhone."

-------

Thank you for the followup reply.

Three Things to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card\

Nov 24, 2021 6:56 PM in response to sergei90

sergei90 Said:

"How to I get back old photos from an older iPhone" So I logged out of an old iPhone and then logged in with a new Apple ID. I then tried to go back and the old photos on the phone where gone and I can't find them. I am wondering if I am able to get those back somehow."

-------

Use the Same Apple ID:

You are using a different Apple ID. If they are on a different Apple ID, then you need to log into the same one that has these photos. You might have to wait 60 days to associate this new phone to your former account. So, see if you can log in to your old Apple ID on this new iPhone, and then enable Photos in iCloud. If no success, then check iCloud manually, going here: icloud.com/photos

Nov 24, 2021 7:06 PM in response to sergei90

All iCloud services, all subscriptions, and all purchases, are tied to the Apple ID, including iCloud Photos.

If you reset the iPhone to swap the Apple ID (and were not using iCloud Photos), then the photos are likely only available from any backups you might have saved.

If you were using iCloud Photos, then the photos should still be available to the associated Apple ID.

How to I get back old photos from an older iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.