Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2021 M1 Max SD Card reader not working

The SD card reader in my MacBook will show that a SD card is present, but it will only occasionally mount it, and there doesn't seem to be any indicator of why it works some times and not others. I've received the error code:

com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error -119930874

multiple times when I try to manually mount it, but I haven't had any luck in discovering what it is trying to say.

It is clearly being recognized as at least existing in this menu:

But it either doesn't show up in Disk Utility, or it is greyed out and refuses to mount:

If I try and eject it while it's like this, nothing happens, and when I remove it, I get a message that tells me:

Finally, I have a 2015 MacBook Pro with an SD card reader and the three SD cards that I have been trying to use work every single time on that MacBook.

What I would like to figure out is whether or not there is any chance that this is a software problem that can be fixed. If not, then there is a problem with my SD card reader and I need to have my MacBook repaired.

Any help or suggestions are massively appreciated!

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 9:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 10:51 PM

Update:

I have discovered that these three SD cards don't work with my 2021 MacBook Pro for some reason:

All of the above work perfectly fine with my 2015 MacBook Pro, so the cards themselves aren't the problem. I have also tried the adapters with other micro SD cards, and vice versa, but I get the same results every time.

These 5 SD cards however, work with both MacBooks:

I'm completely clueless as to why this is happening, so I would still appreciate any info/advice that you have.

Thanks.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2021 10:51 PM in response to Cpann57

Update:

I have discovered that these three SD cards don't work with my 2021 MacBook Pro for some reason:

All of the above work perfectly fine with my 2015 MacBook Pro, so the cards themselves aren't the problem. I have also tried the adapters with other micro SD cards, and vice versa, but I get the same results every time.

These 5 SD cards however, work with both MacBooks:

I'm completely clueless as to why this is happening, so I would still appreciate any info/advice that you have.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 2021 M1 Max SD Card reader not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.