Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synchronize messages

How do I synchronize messages with my iPhone and my iPad so that when I delete a message on my iPhone, it will also be deleted on my iPad? I can read the messages on both devices, but I have to delete the messages separately from each device. When I delete a message on my iPhone, I want it to be deleted on my iPad also,

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 5:45 AM

If you are not using iCloud messages, that is the expected behavior. Messages do not sync across devices unless you are using iCloud messages. If you decide to do that, you turn on Messages in iCloud in Settings. However, understand that once you do that, whenever you delete something, it is gone, there is no recovering it. At least when you are using Messages outside of iCloud, they are part of your backup and you can recover an accidentally deleted message, or at least be able to see it on the other device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2021 5:45 AM in response to mwood864

If you are not using iCloud messages, that is the expected behavior. Messages do not sync across devices unless you are using iCloud messages. If you decide to do that, you turn on Messages in iCloud in Settings. However, understand that once you do that, whenever you delete something, it is gone, there is no recovering it. At least when you are using Messages outside of iCloud, they are part of your backup and you can recover an accidentally deleted message, or at least be able to see it on the other device.

Synchronize messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.