Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad rejects the right Apple ID password

My i’Pad is an “A1430” , serial DY***VGH, in the last days,,the Apple ID” and the right “Password” are rejected as : Incorrect Apple ID”:

How ca-n I use my i’Pad in the future ? petre289

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 9:06 AM

Remove any screen protective film and remove any protective case, clean the screen, and try again.

If there’s a VPN around, discontinue usage and try again.

Restart the iPad, and try again. Restart your iPad - Apple Support

Test the password by logging into the Apple AppleID.Apple.Com or Apple iCloud website.

If the password is correct and persists in not being accepted, you’re headed for a repair. Or given that this A1430 is an iPad 3rd gen from 2012 and won’t run anything past iOS 9, for replacement.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2021 9:06 AM in response to petre289

Remove any screen protective film and remove any protective case, clean the screen, and try again.

If there’s a VPN around, discontinue usage and try again.

Restart the iPad, and try again. Restart your iPad - Apple Support

Test the password by logging into the Apple AppleID.Apple.Com or Apple iCloud website.

If the password is correct and persists in not being accepted, you’re headed for a repair. Or given that this A1430 is an iPad 3rd gen from 2012 and won’t run anything past iOS 9, for replacement.

iPad rejects the right Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.