Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use HomePod with two different iPhones?

Can I use HomePod mini with two different iPhones?

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 10:09 AM

Yes, the scenario is myself and my wife in our home sharing a single HomePod. We have separate Apple Ids. I have it set up now where my wife and i share the HomePod. I invited her to My Home. That works fine. The somewhat confusing part is the "Home" on the Home app on my wife's iphone Home app shows up as "My Home (Guest)" and another home called "My Home" that shows her as the primary person. OK, not a problem, but still clunky. Next i will have the HomePod recognize her voice and i will report on that in a separate post.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 10:09 AM in response to MrHoffman

Yes, the scenario is myself and my wife in our home sharing a single HomePod. We have separate Apple Ids. I have it set up now where my wife and i share the HomePod. I invited her to My Home. That works fine. The somewhat confusing part is the "Home" on the Home app on my wife's iphone Home app shows up as "My Home (Guest)" and another home called "My Home" that shows her as the primary person. OK, not a problem, but still clunky. Next i will have the HomePod recognize her voice and i will report on that in a separate post.

Nov 26, 2021 2:23 PM in response to davebeals

The HomePod recognizes both my (primary) voice and my wife's voice. I caution others that all the various settings that need to be checked or set are across multiple apps (iPhone settings, Home settings, and in our case Pandora settings) and between two different iPhones are numerous. Its not a simple setup procedure. And ultimately, my wife's Home app shows a 'default' Home with no devices, and a Home (guest) which i presume is the shared home with our HomePod as a device. It all works, but my wife wants to know why i have a home and she is a guest in my home. :-)

Nov 25, 2021 10:34 AM in response to davebeals

It has to be set up with a primary user. You can AirPlay to it from devices you own, and/or let anyone else, or those connected to your network, or those with a passcode, connect to use it for AirPlay. You can also share access to your Home, allowing someone with a different Apple ID the ability to control any HomeKit devices you might add to your network as well as AirPlay to your HomePod.

tt2

Can I use HomePod with two different iPhones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.