Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Booting issue

Lately, my macbook has been acting up. when it goes to sleep, it will crash and i have to boot it up again. When i boot it up, there is 50% chance of it turning on or not. it is not a logicboard issue because all ports work. i tried to reset the nvram, smc and boot it into safemode but it would not turn on. also before the issue, the screen had faint white vignette effect. (my macbook is a 2013 pro model, i know it is old but i want one more year out of it.)

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 5:24 PM

GiveMeAUsernamePlease Said:

"Booting issue: Lately, my macbook has been acting up. when it goes to sleep, it will crash and i have to boot it up again. [...]before the issue, the screen had faint white vignette effect. (my macbook is a 2013 pro model, i know it is old but i want one more year out of it.)"

-------

Use First Aid in Disk Utility:

Perhaps it is going dead. If so, well, then it's time for a new Hard Drive. In Disk Utility, its sectors would be looked at and maybe reset to make it operate as it should.

A. Run First Aid in Disk Utility:

Check the health of the Volume

1. Open: Applications menu
  2. Select: Utilities menu
  3. Select: [volume name]
  4. Click: the First Aid button

See if this is then accessible.

B. Try Mounting Recovery Mode:

See what happens when you go in to Disk Utility. See if the drive is mounted. If so, then click "Unmount" and then "Mount".

1. Plug in: the hard drive:
  2. Hold Down: command + R upon boot
  3. Select: Disk Utility
  4. Select: [This Hard Drive]
  5. Click: Mount
  6. Click: the First Aid button

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2021 5:24 PM in response to GiveMeAUsernamePlease

GiveMeAUsernamePlease Said:

"Booting issue: Lately, my macbook has been acting up. when it goes to sleep, it will crash and i have to boot it up again. [...]before the issue, the screen had faint white vignette effect. (my macbook is a 2013 pro model, i know it is old but i want one more year out of it.)"

-------

Use First Aid in Disk Utility:

Perhaps it is going dead. If so, well, then it's time for a new Hard Drive. In Disk Utility, its sectors would be looked at and maybe reset to make it operate as it should.

A. Run First Aid in Disk Utility:

Check the health of the Volume

1. Open: Applications menu
  2. Select: Utilities menu
  3. Select: [volume name]
  4. Click: the First Aid button

B. Try Mounting Recovery Mode:

See what happens when you go in to Disk Utility. See if the drive is mounted. If so, then click "Unmount" and then "Mount".

1. Plug in: the hard drive:
  2. Hold Down: command + R upon boot
  3. Select: Disk Utility
  4. Select: [This Hard Drive]
  5. Click: Mount
  6. Click: the First Aid button

Booting issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.