Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music storage limit on Apple Watch series 7?

I want to store more music on my watch. There’s plenty of storage left but it appears that I’m limited to 8 Gb of music on the watch. Is that True? If so, why?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 6:44 PM

Apple Watch limits the amount of music which can be stored on the watch and is typically limited to 24% of the available space on the watch, so given you have a watch with 32GB of total space, 8GB would the maximum you can store.

3 replies

Nov 25, 2021 6:51 PM in response to pausnit

We are all users on this user to user only forum. Why questions can't be answered here. Suffice to say, when Apple Watch was first introduced, it came with 8GB of memory. In those days, one could only store up to 2GB of music. When the watch moved to 16GB of memory, one could store up to 4GB. And now with a 32GB watch, one can store up to 8GB. That's just how it is. If I were to guess, it's to help you avoid wanting to download loads of apps and music and photos and then finding out you don't have the space you need and the watch not operating properly when its memory is overused. But that's my guess. And as already mentioned, we don't work for Apple, so we can't tell you exactly what their reasoning is here. It's not something you can change however.

Music storage limit on Apple Watch series 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.