Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud on Windows

Do I need to have a Mac to use iCloud on Windows?

I got an error message saying that I had to set up iCloud on a Mac or iOS before using iCloud for Windows (7).

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 9:23 PM

That questions answers itself. The current version of iCloud for Windows requires a PC with Windows 10.

I got an error message saying that I had to set up iCloud on a Mac or iOS before using iCloud for Windows (7).

The version of iCloud for Windows you tried to install may have been for Windows 10 which returned an error message. Apple also provides a link here for the installer for iCloud for Windows 7 and iCloud for Windows 8.

Hopefully that will work for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2021 9:23 PM in response to candaceyam

That questions answers itself. The current version of iCloud for Windows requires a PC with Windows 10.

The version of iCloud for Windows you tried to install may have been for Windows 10 which returned an error message. Apple also provides a link here for the installer for iCloud for Windows 7 and iCloud for Windows 8.

Hopefully that will work for you.

iCloud on Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.