Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t connect my Apple TV to my new WiFi- it does not promt me

I have a new WiFi modem and can’t connect my Apple TV to it. When I select the WiFi network on Apple TV i get an error “there was a problem connecting to the network- WiFi password you entered is not correct “

however I am not prompted to enter the password

if I select other network I get the password prompt but not on the network I am trying to connect to

my other Apple devices like iPhone are connected to this network

I have also connected an Ethernet cable and updated software and still can not connect

help

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 3:01 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Possibly the issue is with WPA3. Please verify that. Apple TV 4K supports WPA3, but prior models will need WP2. A good modem setting would be “WPA3+WP2”, so that WPA3-enabled devices can use WPA3, and WPA2 devices can also connect.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 3:01 AM in response to MattRe

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Possibly the issue is with WPA3. Please verify that. Apple TV 4K supports WPA3, but prior models will need WP2. A good modem setting would be “WPA3+WP2”, so that WPA3-enabled devices can use WPA3, and WPA2 devices can also connect.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Dec 8, 2021 2:14 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I’m having the same issue with my 3rd Gen Apple TV failing to connect to my Amazon Eero Pro. I toggled off the WPA3 setting on my Eero, but that didn’t fix the issue after restarting both devices. Can Apple push an update to legacy devices to assist with this issue that will likely become more common as people update their routers to WPA3?

Dec 10, 2021 10:51 AM in response to JAM1012

WPA3 is a hardware property of the Wi-Fi chip. It seems that is not available to devices that were made/designed a significant time before the introduction of WPA3 (June 2018).

Note that Apple TV 4K is one of the few current devices that supports WPA3. Many current smart TVs and third party streaming devices do not support WPA3 at this time.

I can’t connect my Apple TV to my new WiFi- it does not promt me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.