Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign in to Apple TV with new password

I've recently updated my password on a new iPhone, but now my Apple TV won't accept this new password.

Apple TV 3, 8

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 10:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 4:39 AM

Possibly the change in account password activated two-factor authentication.

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 4:39 AM in response to CraigP63

Possibly the change in account password activated two-factor authentication.

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

Dec 14, 2021 3:02 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks I got it to work but did not see anywhere to ask for new verification code. What I had to do was sign in, submit in order to get a code. When I submitted my password was rejected. Once I got the code I signed in again this time putting the code at the end of the password and it worked. Apple really should fix this. At least put proper instructions on screen when you are first rejected.

Thanks for your help

Can't sign in to Apple TV with new password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.