Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move Library from iTunes (purchased song) to Apple Music (subscription song)

I have an extensive library of iTunes purchased songs. Apple Music offers higher fidelity songs. Is there simple way "redirect" the music in my library from my already purchased iTunes songs to Apple Music subscription songs?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 7:55 AM

Hi,

If you subscribe to Apple Music , some of your purchased music will be available to stream or download in Lossless or Hi-Res. Purchased music is 256 ACC kbps which has no DRM. Lossless music has DRM. Back up original tracks before subscribing. You will only have access to lossless versions as long as you have an active subscription. Original purchases will continue to be available for redownload as 256 Kbps after sub expires.

In Music app you will be able to select playback quality - High Quality (256), lossless or Hi-Res. If the purchased track has already been download, you can remove download and then either stream or download lossless version.

Jim

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 7:55 AM in response to ffrischm

Hi,

If you subscribe to Apple Music , some of your purchased music will be available to stream or download in Lossless or Hi-Res. Purchased music is 256 ACC kbps which has no DRM. Lossless music has DRM. Back up original tracks before subscribing. You will only have access to lossless versions as long as you have an active subscription. Original purchases will continue to be available for redownload as 256 Kbps after sub expires.

In Music app you will be able to select playback quality - High Quality (256), lossless or Hi-Res. If the purchased track has already been download, you can remove download and then either stream or download lossless version.

Jim

Move Library from iTunes (purchased song) to Apple Music (subscription song)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.