Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I download office 365 to my MacBook if I don't have Mac 10.15

How do I download office 365 t0 my MacBook if I don't have Mac 10.15

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 8:33 AM

Microsoft only supports Microsoft 365 or Office 2021 for Mac on macOS Catalina or later. You need to upgrade the Mac to Catalina 10.15.7 via How to get old versions of macOS (using strictly Safari browser). Check if your Mac model meets the Catalina hardware requirements. Catalina only supports 64-bit applications, so upgrading to it may leave behind any 32-bit applications for which you are currently dependent. Use the free Go64 application to get a list of your current 32-bit applications.

If you still cannot upgrade to Catalina due to application or hardware requirements, then you will have to forego MS Office for another compatibility choice. I suggest you trial SoftMaker's Office 2021 (clone) and see if it meets your needs. This has a more user-friendly application interface and MS Office document compatibility without the interface and learning curve issues with the free LibreOffice Suite (MS Office clone).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 8:33 AM in response to adabana

Microsoft only supports Microsoft 365 or Office 2021 for Mac on macOS Catalina or later. You need to upgrade the Mac to Catalina 10.15.7 via How to get old versions of macOS (using strictly Safari browser). Check if your Mac model meets the Catalina hardware requirements. Catalina only supports 64-bit applications, so upgrading to it may leave behind any 32-bit applications for which you are currently dependent. Use the free Go64 application to get a list of your current 32-bit applications.

If you still cannot upgrade to Catalina due to application or hardware requirements, then you will have to forego MS Office for another compatibility choice. I suggest you trial SoftMaker's Office 2021 (clone) and see if it meets your needs. This has a more user-friendly application interface and MS Office document compatibility without the interface and learning curve issues with the free LibreOffice Suite (MS Office clone).

how do I download office 365 to my MacBook if I don't have Mac 10.15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.