You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hide my Email

How do I stop safari showing the hide my email button. I don’t want or use this feature, there are no email addresses setup with it ( I’ve checked in settings ).

I simply want it to go away.

thank you.

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 8:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 2:19 PM

After trying several things including removing 1password, clearing safari history, restarting the phone etc, the only way I got rid of the hide my email button from Safari on my iPhone was to do a factory reset and erase all data. I then went through the welcome to your new phone options but didn’t do an iCloud restore.

I then tested safari and it had gone 🙌

I then installed all my apps and changed settings and Home Screen etc back to my preferences. What a pain, I’m guessing this happened as part of the iOS 15 update I did !!!

I’m a little nervous that it will come back as I didn’t choose to enable it in the first place. Hopefully it’s gone as in stays out of the way 🙂

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 26, 2021 2:19 PM in response to lee Perry

After trying several things including removing 1password, clearing safari history, restarting the phone etc, the only way I got rid of the hide my email button from Safari on my iPhone was to do a factory reset and erase all data. I then went through the welcome to your new phone options but didn’t do an iCloud restore.

I then tested safari and it had gone 🙌

I then installed all my apps and changed settings and Home Screen etc back to my preferences. What a pain, I’m guessing this happened as part of the iOS 15 update I did !!!

I’m a little nervous that it will come back as I didn’t choose to enable it in the first place. Hopefully it’s gone as in stays out of the way 🙂

Nov 26, 2021 8:38 AM in response to Raicya

Thank you for replying. I should say that I really don’t like that this is even enabled by default, from what I saw in the article I’d have to use the feature and then disable it for each additional email address which for me would be all of them.

I’ve no intentions of using this feature at all, I just want to turn it off globally. I’m not going to use it or add email addresses to it.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply though.

Dec 22, 2021 1:10 PM in response to Raicya

I am afraid this doesn’t answer the question. Like the gentleman who asked the question, I find the Hide my email option is taking up space on my screen *and* therefore I am given only one email account to choose from, which happens not to be my default account. Perhaps if I can get rid of the Hide offer I will be given the option of using my default email account?

Jan 2, 2022 10:07 AM in response to Edison53

i just don’t understand why we have to have it enabled by default, it’s of no use to me at all and just a pain. Where there used to be an intuitive helpful feature we now have this unhelpful restriction forced on us, when it could do easily be switched off with a simple toggle option in settings.

I do wonder who decides these things, as I’ve already said these are my email addresses, I should be able to use them as I see fit without resorting to having to manually type them in.

it would be helpful if the default email addresses was the other option, as I will never use this new obscure email option !

Hide my Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.