Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Max Pro slow since iOS 15.1.1 update

I’ve experienced an extremely slow acting phone since I upgraded. I have no specific reason why things are slow… but everything single thing is slow.. apps, pages, internet, YouTube Facebook, everything.. there is no single issue.., it’s just super slow. I’m current on the OS updates 15.1.1. Just trying to find out solutions, other than buying a different model.

Is this a common issue, or am I alone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 9:29 AM

Two basic troubleshootings steps to perform:

A "forced" restart of your iPhone:---> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

If the issue persists, something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

I would try to install a fresh copy of iOS/iPadOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPhone/iPad (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 9:29 AM in response to Wyorick

Two basic troubleshootings steps to perform:

A "forced" restart of your iPhone:---> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

If the issue persists, something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

I would try to install a fresh copy of iOS/iPadOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPhone/iPad (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

Nov 26, 2021 9:43 AM in response to Wyorick

Sorry about that.

If you already performed (to no avail) the 2 troubleshooting steps I posted, I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly or (even better) make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards and best of luck.

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Nov 26, 2021 9:59 AM in response to ProustGiulio

I have spent more hours than I can recall since I got this phone.. which is the second one I’ve received now. I have worked with Apple tech, the local store, and been booted of this page for not being more “technical”… just frustrating.

I guess I’m hopeful others having similar experiences have come up with something.

It’s now gone long enough since purchasing (I was sure things would get corrected), that it’s no longer a simple matter of just picking a new model and exchanging.. it now has to go beyond all that .

it’s the worst cell phone experience I’ve ever had.. and like many, my business requires it.. just trying to find a solution.. and thanks.

I’ve wiped the phone(s), started over (more times than I can remember).. and still no go.. I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s got to be an app or something I’ve previously used, that’s not compatible with 13 pro max, or the 15 OS…

iPhone 13 Max Pro slow since iOS 15.1.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.