Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod pros firmware

Okay so I got AirPods Pro’s recently and I’ve checked the serial number they are real I’ve reset them and I’ve done what it has said with plugging it in and putting it next to my phone but still isn’t working and it says the firmware is 3a283 which is apparently a year old and my phone is updated to iOS 15 what do I do?

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 8:25 AM

What has worked for me:

Connect iPhone to wifi and a charger.

Connect Airpods case to charger.

Connect Airpods to phone, listen to something for over a minute.

Place Airpods back in case, close lid

Put phone down next to Airpods.

Go away for at least 20 minutes.

Watch some squirrels play, walk around the block, contemplate your bellybutton lint.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 8:25 AM in response to kristopher190

What has worked for me:

Connect iPhone to wifi and a charger.

Connect Airpods case to charger.

Connect Airpods to phone, listen to something for over a minute.

Place Airpods back in case, close lid

Put phone down next to Airpods.

Go away for at least 20 minutes.

Watch some squirrels play, walk around the block, contemplate your bellybutton lint.

Nov 28, 2021 7:47 AM in response to kristopher190

AirPods‌‌ Pro firmware is automatically installed over-the-air while the ‌‌AirPods‌‌ Pro are connected to an iOS/iPadOS device.

I've read that putting the ‌‌‌‌‌AirPods‌‌‌‌‌ Pro in the case, connecting the ‌‌‌‌‌AirPods‌‌‌‌‌ to a power source, and pairing the ‌‌‌‌‌AirPods‌‌‌‌‌ Pro to an iPhone/iPad should force the firmware update.

AirPod pros firmware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.