Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2019 with MacOS Monterey don't support 3440x1440@60

I have acquired an Ultrawide 3440x1440 display but the max resolution my macbook allows me to set is 2560x1440. I am connecting through a usb-c hub with HDMI 1.4.

For the record, with my second laptop running windows or linux and the exact same usb-c hub I have no problem.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 11:55 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 26, 2021 3:18 PM in response to Misantonio

To get a PC display to become active, you set its resolution arbitrarily, and hope nothing blows up from setting it too high.

to get a Mac display to become active, you need the Mac to query the display, and the display to answer with its name and capabilities.

Th reason your Mac will not go higher by itself, is that HDMI 1.4 is inadequate to drive that display with one cable, so the resolution reported over HDMI is the resolution for FIRST of the TWO HDMI 1.4 cables you will need to connect to drive that display in two halves, using Picture-by-Picture in the display and macOS Extended Desktop in the Mac to put it back together.

Take Sonicray's advice and use DisplayPort, DisplayPort over USB-C, or DisplaysPort over ThunderBolt (if so equipped).

Macbook Pro 2019 with MacOS Monterey don't support 3440x1440@60

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.