Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It looks like my Sim card is has cardboard on one side am I supposed to remove that because I can’t get it to fit in the Sim card

I Just got the iPhone 13 pro and I can’t seem to get the Sim card in it and it looks like it has cardboard on one side of it in my supposed to remove that

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 11:55 AM

Yes. Your iPhone 13 uses a nano-SIM card. If this is what you have, it may have been provided on a "protective" sleeve which the card would fit into.

Ref: Find out which size SIM card your iPhone or iPad uses - Apple Support

3 replies

Nov 26, 2021 11:55 AM in response to Prfisin

Your iPhone 13 Pro requires a Nano sized SIM card. You may have a one-size fits all SIM card. You need the smallest size SIM card. From your description, it appears that there is a corrugated (cardboard) frame around the Nano size of the SIM card. If this is the case, then remove the cardboard around the frame of the smallest available size and then it should fit the SIM card tray of your iPhone 13 pro. Be careful so that you do rip or tear the SIM card itself. The surrounding cardboard should be perforated and will come off with very little force.

Axel F.

It looks like my Sim card is has cardboard on one side am I supposed to remove that because I can’t get it to fit in the Sim card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.