Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Videos After Update

I just realized I've lost a lot of videos since the update. I'm not sure which update affected my phone, but my videos aren't in the deleted section, video section or iCloud. Has anyone else have this issue?

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 12:50 PM

Question is before the videos went missing, did you had iCloud Photos enabled so those videos have synced up to iCloud?

If not, use a backup of your iPhone you have made of it prior to the incident to get your videos back. If iCloud Photos was on, those videos are no longer in Recently Deleted, you might want to consider to contact AppleCare to see if they can still initiate data recovery process on your iCloud account to get your videos back (the sooner you contact them since the incident has occurred, the better chance you get to get your files back).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 12:50 PM in response to Lesley622

Question is before the videos went missing, did you had iCloud Photos enabled so those videos have synced up to iCloud?

If not, use a backup of your iPhone you have made of it prior to the incident to get your videos back. If iCloud Photos was on, those videos are no longer in Recently Deleted, you might want to consider to contact AppleCare to see if they can still initiate data recovery process on your iCloud account to get your videos back (the sooner you contact them since the incident has occurred, the better chance you get to get your files back).

Lost Videos After Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.