Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compatability question

I have a license for Microsoft Office:mac 2011 when I purchased my current iMac (late 2013). Will I be able to use it on the latest iMac?

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 12:58 PM

No. You will need a new Microsoft license for your choice of a subscription to the current Microsoft 365, or single-purchase Office 2021 for Mac. The latest iMac ships with macOS Monterey which only supports 64-bit applications, though your existing Microsoft documents are unaffected by this.

Do not restore Office 2011 for Mac from migration assistant as it may have a 32-bit uninstaller that would be disabled on Monterey.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 12:58 PM in response to elvanjay

No. You will need a new Microsoft license for your choice of a subscription to the current Microsoft 365, or single-purchase Office 2021 for Mac. The latest iMac ships with macOS Monterey which only supports 64-bit applications, though your existing Microsoft documents are unaffected by this.

Do not restore Office 2011 for Mac from migration assistant as it may have a 32-bit uninstaller that would be disabled on Monterey.

Compatability question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.