Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"No location found" vs "location not available" in Find My app

I would like to know what is the difference between both. Which one means they stopped sharing location with you and which one means that their phone turned off/no internet connection?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 12:34 PM

Hello aileen_alexaaa,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're wondering what the difference is between different messages that you see when using Find My.

Check out the following support articles, which provide further explanation about the two messages:

Set up and use Find My Friends in iOS 12 or earlier - Apple Support

If you don't want your friends to see your location in Find My Friends, you can stop sharing from the app on your iOS device or on iCloud.com. You can still see the location of your friends, but your friends see Location Not Available when they try to locate you.

Locate a device in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support

If the device can’t be located: You see “No location found” under the device’s name.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2021 12:34 PM in response to aileen_alexaaa

Hello aileen_alexaaa,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're wondering what the difference is between different messages that you see when using Find My.

Check out the following support articles, which provide further explanation about the two messages:

Set up and use Find My Friends in iOS 12 or earlier - Apple Support

If you don't want your friends to see your location in Find My Friends, you can stop sharing from the app on your iOS device or on iCloud.com. You can still see the location of your friends, but your friends see Location Not Available when they try to locate you.

Locate a device in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support

If the device can’t be located: You see “No location found” under the device’s name.

Take care.

"No location found" vs "location not available" in Find My app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.