Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad email

I changed my password on my hotmail -Microsoft email account and now despite entering all new info under a new account manually I continue to get a pop up message asking me to enter the password for this new account but it will not let me enter the password.

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 3:58 PM

Soonergirl58 Said:

"iPad email: I changed my password on my hotmail -Microsoft email account and now despite entering all new info under a new account manually I continue to get a pop up message asking me to enter the password for this new account but it will not let me enter the password."

-------

Use a New App Password for Hotmail:

I remember chatting with Microsoft not too long ago, and going through this to set up other accounts to be accessed on Mail, Outlook, and on other Apps. When you make a change to a device (i.e. update installation), then you may need to use a new app password for the Mail app.

While in Hotmail, Go To:

1. User Name(Top-Right)
  2. View account (Second Option Down)
  3. Security (third tap in from top-left)
  4. More security options (Far-Right)
  5. App passwords (Third Pane Down)
  6. Create a new app password
  7. Click Done
  8. Use the app password provided for a synchronized app

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 3:58 PM in response to Soonergirl58

Soonergirl58 Said:

"iPad email: I changed my password on my hotmail -Microsoft email account and now despite entering all new info under a new account manually I continue to get a pop up message asking me to enter the password for this new account but it will not let me enter the password."

-------

Use a New App Password for Hotmail:

I remember chatting with Microsoft not too long ago, and going through this to set up other accounts to be accessed on Mail, Outlook, and on other Apps. When you make a change to a device (i.e. update installation), then you may need to use a new app password for the Mail app.

While in Hotmail, Go To:

1. User Name(Top-Right)
  2. View account (Second Option Down)
  3. Security (third tap in from top-left)
  4. More security options (Far-Right)
  5. App passwords (Third Pane Down)
  6. Create a new app password
  7. Click Done
  8. Use the app password provided for a synchronized app

iPad email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.