Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Super Zoom

Several times a week my iPhone X (iOS 15.1) goes into what I can only describe as super zoom. The screen is so zoomed in that I can't zoom out. If I press volume & side buttons to shut down, everything is so zoomed in that I can't navigate to the power off button to shut down. I have been using the method of (1) pressing one volume key; then (2) pressing the other volume key; then (3) pressing & holding the side key until the phone shuts off. This is a pain and it sometimes takes several tries to get this to work, but eventually it does. Any ideas on how I am getting into the super zoom mode? Or is this a bug?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 5:03 PM

It sounds like you may have the Accessibility Shortcut set to Zoom. If that is the case, if you end up triple-clicking the side button on the phone will do that. You can get out of it by triple-clicking again, or if that does not work, then you can double-tap with 3 fingers to reduce Zoom.

2 replies

Super Zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.