Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible to Downgrade from Monterey to Big Sur on MacBook Pro 13"?

Hi, I'm currently using a 2019 MacBook Air running Big Sur (11.3) but need to upgrade to the M1 chip MacBook Pro (13", not latest model) as I need more processing power, but the main application I use for my work is still not compatible with Monterey

If I buy a new MBP is there anyway I can wipe it and install Big Sur as i’ve been using it on my current MBA? Thanks for any advice

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 2:10 AM

If it's a M1 Mac then it's a very long complicated process that needs another Laptop, old wiping and install method no longer works on apple silicon Processors, you might wanna stick with your current laptop till these apps give compatibility access to Monterey , otherwise just get a MacBook Pro M1 with big sur preinstalled

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2021 2:10 AM in response to KillaFM

If it's a M1 Mac then it's a very long complicated process that needs another Laptop, old wiping and install method no longer works on apple silicon Processors, you might wanna stick with your current laptop till these apps give compatibility access to Monterey , otherwise just get a MacBook Pro M1 with big sur preinstalled

Possible to Downgrade from Monterey to Big Sur on MacBook Pro 13"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.