Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone 10 to 13

How do I know if I need a new SIM card for my new phone? Going from iPhone 10 to 13. Have ATT carrier.

Thank you

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 7:41 AM

First, yes you CAN move your existing SIM and your new phone will work fine w/ your existing number.

However, to realize all the benefits of the 5G network, you should have your SIM re-provisioned by your carrier for your new 5G phone.

You might also consider having your 13 provisioned w/ an eSIM profile vice a “hard” SIM. (hard SIMs after all are so “late 20th Century”). 😉

Lastly, if you order directly from Apple and so-indicate when ordering; you new 13 will actually self-provision it’s eSIM w/ your phone number over-the-air (OTA) as soon as you turn it on and it connects to your mobile network.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2021 7:41 AM in response to helenefromaz

First, yes you CAN move your existing SIM and your new phone will work fine w/ your existing number.

However, to realize all the benefits of the 5G network, you should have your SIM re-provisioned by your carrier for your new 5G phone.

You might also consider having your 13 provisioned w/ an eSIM profile vice a “hard” SIM. (hard SIMs after all are so “late 20th Century”). 😉

Lastly, if you order directly from Apple and so-indicate when ordering; you new 13 will actually self-provision it’s eSIM w/ your phone number over-the-air (OTA) as soon as you turn it on and it connects to your mobile network.

Phone 10 to 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.