Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display port monitor to Macbook Pro M1 HDMI-What cable?

What cable would I need to connect my display port Acer EB243YU monitor to my new MacBook Pro M1 HDMI port? Acer tech indicated that the HDMI ports on the monitor are not usable with Macs so I have been using display port to USB C adapter with my 2018 MacBook Pro. I would like to take advantage of the HDMI port on the new MacBook Pro M1.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 8:57 AM

That appears to be a 2560 by 1440 display. It should be supported over HDMI, even on older Macs with an HDMI port, provided you use a Certified High-speed HDMI cable.

"4K' at 60 Hz requires a Mac that supports HDMI 2.0, which the new M1 Macs with an HDMI port do indeed support:

Connect to HDMI from your Mac - Apple Support

older Macs are stuck at "4k" at 30 Hz over built-in HDMI.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2021 8:57 AM in response to mdemeyer

That appears to be a 2560 by 1440 display. It should be supported over HDMI, even on older Macs with an HDMI port, provided you use a Certified High-speed HDMI cable.

"4K' at 60 Hz requires a Mac that supports HDMI 2.0, which the new M1 Macs with an HDMI port do indeed support:

Connect to HDMI from your Mac - Apple Support

older Macs are stuck at "4k" at 30 Hz over built-in HDMI.

Display port monitor to Macbook Pro M1 HDMI-What cable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.