Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will apple be able to help you find the stolen phone if anyone trade in the phone??

My husband's iphone 11 got stolen. We followed the apple's lost/stolen phone instruction and reported it.

Last night, while watching movie on TV, I saw many commercial ads talking about apple trade-in program getting up to $800+ old phone. I also saw many apple communities saying apple allows people trade-in the phone without original purchase receipt or defeat/inactive phone.

I wonder when ppl trade-in the iphone, are there any databased of the series numbers that you can find out if your stolen phone been traded in to apple for new or replacement phone?

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 10:10 AM

No one could possibly trade in a stolen iPhone. It would be activation locked and Apple won't touch it. Apple also doesn't get involved in lost or stolen devices. That's a matter for the local authorities.

See this link for guidance on what to do if your iPhone is lost or stolen --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2021 10:10 AM in response to YiChingChen

No one could possibly trade in a stolen iPhone. It would be activation locked and Apple won't touch it. Apple also doesn't get involved in lost or stolen devices. That's a matter for the local authorities.

See this link for guidance on what to do if your iPhone is lost or stolen --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

will apple be able to help you find the stolen phone if anyone trade in the phone??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.