Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New member email group not added

I created an email group on iCloud and send emails to the group using Mail app on iPad. A few days ago I added a new member but when I select the group in the To box the new member is not there. How can I correct this? TIA

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 11:50 AM

Hello Henry,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, a new contact was added to an email distribution group but they are not showing up. We can understand why you'd reach out for a solution.

Try these troubleshooting steps:

Quit the Mail app on your iPad and restart the device to refresh it.

Go to www.iCloud.com from any computer and check to see if the new member is showing in the group.

If not, try entering the contact again.

Create and manage groups of contacts on iCloud.com - iCloud User Guide

If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync

If the issue persists after trying these steps, please reply back to this thread and we'll do our best to help you!

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 11:50 AM in response to Henrypartridge

Hello Henry,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, a new contact was added to an email distribution group but they are not showing up. We can understand why you'd reach out for a solution.

Try these troubleshooting steps:

Quit the Mail app on your iPad and restart the device to refresh it.

Go to www.iCloud.com from any computer and check to see if the new member is showing in the group.

If not, try entering the contact again.

Create and manage groups of contacts on iCloud.com - iCloud User Guide

If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync

If the issue persists after trying these steps, please reply back to this thread and we'll do our best to help you!

Have a great day!

New member email group not added

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.