Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: How to download apps and content that your family members purchased

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download purchased books onto my child's iPad using Family Sharing?

I am trying how to download purchased books onto my child's iPad using family sharing. When I look up the directions to do so, I feel like the direction on the apple support page is for a completely different software universe than what is on my apple devices. What is the actual way to download these books on my child's iPad?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 6:54 PM

Download shared purchases from Apple Books

1. Open the Books app .
  2. Tap , or your profile picture, at the top right.
  3. Tap the name of a family member under Family Purchases, then tap a category (for example, Books or Audiobooks).
  4. Tap All, Recent Purchases, or a genre, then tap  next to a purchased item to download it.

See also Buy books and audiobooks in Apple Books on iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2021 6:54 PM in response to FHornJazz

Download shared purchases from Apple Books

1. Open the Books app .
  2. Tap , or your profile picture, at the top right.
  3. Tap the name of a family member under Family Purchases, then tap a category (for example, Books or Audiobooks).
  4. Tap All, Recent Purchases, or a genre, then tap  next to a purchased item to download it.

See also Buy books and audiobooks in Apple Books on iPhone.

How to download purchased books onto my child's iPad using Family Sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.