Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if my iPhone doesn't have a the forgot passcode option?

When I go into the option to change password for screen time, the option to click "forgot passcode" doesn't show up. How do change the passcode to screen time without it?

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 6:19 PM

If you do not have the forgot-passcode option for screen time, that can mean you’re running a version of iOS too old for that feature. The option is available with iOS 13.4 and later. If your iPhone supports that and can update to iOS 15—this is available on iPhone 6s and newer iPhone models), then perform the iOS update, and you should have the forgotten-passcode support for screen time.

If your iPhone does not permit updates to iOS 15, then you will have to reset your device, and to not restore it from backup. This as restoring the backup will restore the screen time passcode.

Or per Apple: If you still have issues resetting your Screen Time passcode, contact Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2021 6:19 PM in response to mya-lily

If you do not have the forgot-passcode option for screen time, that can mean you’re running a version of iOS too old for that feature. The option is available with iOS 13.4 and later. If your iPhone supports that and can update to iOS 15—this is available on iPhone 6s and newer iPhone models), then perform the iOS update, and you should have the forgotten-passcode support for screen time.

If your iPhone does not permit updates to iOS 15, then you will have to reset your device, and to not restore it from backup. This as restoring the backup will restore the screen time passcode.

Or per Apple: If you still have issues resetting your Screen Time passcode, contact Apple Support.

What if my iPhone doesn't have a the forgot passcode option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.