Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

I bought an iPhone but when I turn it on it’s telling me to activation unlock it how do I factory reset the phone so I can set it up ?

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 10:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 10:44 PM

There is nothing else that you can do before you remove the Activation Lock. You will need the original owner's Apple ID and Password to remove the Activation Lock. There is no way around this. You just bought this iPhone. If you can, then return the iPhone to the seller and get your money back. If you are not able to remove the Activation Lock, then this iPhone will be useless to you.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2021 10:44 PM in response to Angel_helpme

There is nothing else that you can do before you remove the Activation Lock. You will need the original owner's Apple ID and Password to remove the Activation Lock. There is no way around this. You just bought this iPhone. If you can, then return the iPhone to the seller and get your money back. If you are not able to remove the Activation Lock, then this iPhone will be useless to you.

Axel F.

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.