Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference returns June 10, 2024

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add Siri to Home Screen iPad Air

I am new to iPad and MAC.

How do I add the Siri icon to my homepage so I can forgo using the home button every time? I turned off the Press Home for Siri in Settings and it still doesn't pick up my voice (it is checked on for Listen for "Hey Siri" in Settings and it is on Always

Is there a way to not have to log in Every single use?

Is there a calculator on here? (I know I can get an app)

Do I have to have Alexa for Siri to work with my Windows laptop?

Thank you for any guidance you might provide.

The Lily Pond

iPad, 14

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 11:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 12:24 AM

Hi, you could use the shortcuts app with Siri to create a routine ie check the weather, but there is no dedicated Siri icon to add. The only way to stop your iPad from having to log on is to remove the passcode. There is no dedicated calculator app for iPadOS, i use PCalc lite its a great app. With regards to your windows pc you could use Cortana. Hope this has been of some help.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 12:24 AM in response to thelilypond

Hi, you could use the shortcuts app with Siri to create a routine ie check the weather, but there is no dedicated Siri icon to add. The only way to stop your iPad from having to log on is to remove the passcode. There is no dedicated calculator app for iPadOS, i use PCalc lite its a great app. With regards to your windows pc you could use Cortana. Hope this has been of some help.

Add Siri to Home Screen iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.