Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Function Keys Don't Work on Macbook air

I cannot anymore control the lightness (F1, F2) and volume (F10, F11, F12) from function keyboard.

What happened?

What could I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 1:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 2:05 AM

nicco23 Said:

"Function Keys Don't Work on Macbook air: I cannot anymore control the lightness (F1, F2) and volume (F10, F11, F12) from function keyboard.What happened? What could I do?"

-------

Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not open at login, certain System Preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are intentionally fixed.

1. Boot into: Safe Mode [Hold Down the shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Restart: the Mac
  5. Boot Up: normally
  6. Log in: as same user
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 2:05 AM in response to nicco23

nicco23 Said:

"Function Keys Don't Work on Macbook air: I cannot anymore control the lightness (F1, F2) and volume (F10, F11, F12) from function keyboard.What happened? What could I do?"

-------

Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not open at login, certain System Preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are intentionally fixed.

1. Boot into: Safe Mode [Hold Down the shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Restart: the Mac
  5. Boot Up: normally
  6. Log in: as same user

Function Keys Don't Work on Macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.