Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tip for favourite radio station

A number of people have asked about how to have a list for their favourite network radio stations. Currently "recently played" in the "listen now" tab seems the only solution with some form of memory at this point with Apple Music apps on any AppleOS.

Yet there is workaround that seems to do the job somewhat in iOS - on my iPhone I was able to create 'shortcuts' directly to my favourite music stations -> pulled them on my Home Screen -> put them in a folder together (if you want to). It's actually nice as the radio station starts directly without any additional opening of music app.

Unfortunately this solution doesn't seem to work on macOS.

Happy for comments or feedback. A proper favourite list option for network radio still would be highly appreciated.

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 8:04 AM

Walkthrough (as mentioned, iOS only)

1. Listen to your favourite radio station in the iOS Music app -> it will appear in the 'Recently Played' list
  2. Open Shortcuts app
  3. Press '+' to create new shortcut
  4. Press '+ Add Action'
  5. Scroll down until you see the 'Play Music' field -> all most recently played music or radio stations should be visible there
  6. Press/click on desired radio station
  7. (optional) adjust icon/name
  8. Press toggle/settings icon/button next to 'x' icon/button
  9. Press 'Add to Home Screen'
  10. Go to Home Screen, find your new created shortcut, arrange as preferred (e.g. directly on Home Screen or in folder)
  11. Enjoy direct connection to your favourite radio station
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 8:04 AM in response to The_WereRabbit

Walkthrough (as mentioned, iOS only)

1. Listen to your favourite radio station in the iOS Music app -> it will appear in the 'Recently Played' list
  2. Open Shortcuts app
  3. Press '+' to create new shortcut
  4. Press '+ Add Action'
  5. Scroll down until you see the 'Play Music' field -> all most recently played music or radio stations should be visible there
  6. Press/click on desired radio station
  7. (optional) adjust icon/name
  8. Press toggle/settings icon/button next to 'x' icon/button
  9. Press 'Add to Home Screen'
  10. Go to Home Screen, find your new created shortcut, arrange as preferred (e.g. directly on Home Screen or in folder)
  11. Enjoy direct connection to your favourite radio station

Tip for favourite radio station

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.