Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked IPhone

My niece pass away in July and my sister gave me her IPhone to access her photos and contacts but it's locked.

I don't know which IPhone it is, 4, 5, 6, 7 ?

How can I access the photos and maybe contacts?

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 9:08 AM

I am so sorry for your loss.

If the phone itself is displaying Disabled that has nothing to do with payment. That means that the wrong passcode was entered too many times. In this case there is no way to recover content on the phone. You can still reset it to a new phone state and use it if you know her Apple ID & password to get past Activation Lock.

If the Apple ID is disabled and displays one of these messages, click the link below that most closely matches the disabled message:

You will still need the Apple ID and password. This may be helpful→How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 9:08 AM in response to Tiggerbounce2004

I am so sorry for your loss.

If the phone itself is displaying Disabled that has nothing to do with payment. That means that the wrong passcode was entered too many times. In this case there is no way to recover content on the phone. You can still reset it to a new phone state and use it if you know her Apple ID & password to get past Activation Lock.

If the Apple ID is disabled and displays one of these messages, click the link below that most closely matches the disabled message:

You will still need the Apple ID and password. This may be helpful→How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

Locked IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.